- What's New
- Your Health
- Outdoor Spaces
- Smoke-Free Housing
- Emerging Issues
- Key Advocacy Campaigns
- Campaign Documents
- How Second-Hand Smoke Affects Hospitality Workers
- Economic Benefits of Ottawa’s Smoke-Free Bylaws
- How the Tobacco Industry Manipulates the Hospitality Industry
- The Truth About Ventilation and Designated Smoking Rooms
- Legal Rulings
- Smoke-Free and Loving it!
- Letters about Smoke-Free Ottawa
- Smoke-Free Ottawa Awards
- Smoke-Free Ontario
- Smoke-Free Canada
The Ottawa Council on Smoking or Health is a volunteer organization that was established in 1978.
There is no safe level of exposure to second-hand smoke...indoors or outdoors!
Our goals are to:
- Create a social environment where non-smoking is the norm.
- Assist in establishing smoke-free environments.
- Prevent youth from starting to smoke.
- Encourage smokers to quit.
- Advocate for better smoking cessation resources.
Contact us if you are affected by second-hand smoke and/or if you support smoke-free initiatives.
Are you worried about exposure to second-hand marijuana smoke? Contact the mayor and your city councillor.
All information at this site is protected by the Canadian laws of copyright. Unless permission is granted by the Ottawa Council on Smoking or Health, no person, group, or organization may copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish in any form, any material located on this web site.